Would you like to take the opportunity to work for a European Agency? If you have a good proficiency in English and knowledge of epidemiology, antimicrobial resistance and food-borne pathogens this could be your chance to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
We are looking for a Biological Hazards and Contaminants Scientific Research Officer.
- Support the team during multi-country foodborne outbreaks, in the evaluation of data, including epidemiological, traceability and molecular typing data, for the production of Rapid Outbreak Assessments and Joint Notification Summaries;
- Contribute to the validation and assessment of data on zoonoses, foodborne outbreaks and antimicrobial resistance in order to prepare background information to be included in the documents mentioned above;
- Provide scientific and administrative support to the activities of the respective panel and working groups (i.e. preparation of working documents, scientific opinions, etc.);
- Contribute to data collection and collation aimed at preparing scientific materials;
- Contribute to analyse and evaluate data for preparing working documents related to the scientific assessment;
- Contribute to draft and review scientific outputs through the provision of evidence-based risk assessment.
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least B2 level)
- Between 2 and 4 years of relevant working experience;
- Experience in generating, collecting and collating evidence, as well as in writing and reviewing scientific documents, analyzing and interpreting data with statistics;
- Knowledge of antimicrobial resistance, epidemiology, food-borne pathogens, zoonoses surveillance, food hygiene, molecular typing, risk assessment methodology, food-borne outbreak investigation;
- Working with others, analysis and problem solving.
Assignment: first contract until 30/09, with possibility of extensions. Expected duration of assignment until 31/12.
Salary: between €1800 and €3000 per month before taxes depending on years of experience.
Work modalities: initially working remotely (from Italy only), relocation to Parma required in the future.
Please provide an English Europass template Cv?