Would you like to take the opportunity to work for a European Agency based in Parma, Italy? If you have a good proficiency in English and knowledge of chemical risk assessment this could be your chance to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
We are looking for a Chemical Risk Assessment Scientific Research Officer.
Support various activities and projects under the Emerging Chemical Risks Identification:
- support customization of the JRC tool by screening outputs from scientific literature and media reports on a weekly basis for relevancy;
- support coordination of the REACH 3 project meetings, support review project reports, support coordination of the emerging chemical risks identification working groups;
- contribute to the task force on chemical emerging risks;
- draft briefing note on chemical emerging risks for the Scientific Committe and Emerging Risks networks;
- coordinate with European, national and international stakeholders within the scientific activities of the organization;
- analyse and evaluate data for preparing working documents related to the scientific assessment;
- draft and review scientific outputs through the provision of evidence-based risk assessment.
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least B2 level);
- Knowledge of one of the following fields of research: chemical risk assessment, toxicology, veterinary medicine or food science;
- At least 3 years of experience in collecting and collating evidence, writing and reviewing scientific documents, analyzing and interpreting data with statistics;
- Knowledge of emerging risks methodologies would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams);
- Behavioural competencies: work with others, act with ethics and integrity.
Assignment: initial contract 3 months starting from February 2021, with possibility of extensions. Expected duration of assignment 1 year.
Salary: between €1800 and €3000 per month before taxes depending on years of experience.
Work modalities: initially working from home, relocation to Parma, Italy required in the future.
Please send your English Europass CV