Would you like to take the opportunity to work for a European Agency? If you have a good proficiency in English and previous experience in scientific risk assessment this could be your chance to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
We are looking for a Scientific Risk Assessment Assistant in the area of Food Additives and Flavourings.
- Provide support to the Food Ingredients and Packaging unit in areas related to chemistry and specifications, in particular with respect to the preparatory work leading to the development of scientific outputs; for the different teams working with the Food Additives and Flavourings Panel;
- Contribute to the work programme of the unit;
- Contribute to timely and effective planning to meet priorities and deadlines within the work programme of the Unit;
- Contribute administratively and scientifically to internal meetings and to coordinate specific tasks/actions within the work programme of the unit;
- Contribute to compliance with legal and regulatory requirements: contribute to the effective preparation of meetings, including timely provision of background information and other relevant documents;
- Contribute to coordinate areas of work requiring certain level of expertise and implement projects with the area of responsibility.
- Provide support in the implementation of specific procedures in the respective area;
- Provide support to internal and external collaboration initiatives, informing the management on key developments and emerging issues in the respective area.
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least B2 level);
- Bachelor's degree or above in Science or related areas;
- 1 year of relevant working experience in one of the following areas: chemistry, food chemistry and technology;
- Experience in drafting clear, concise and structured scientific reports and publications using appropriate scientific terminology;
- Knowledge of EU regulations and/or procedures applicable to the evaluation of flavouring substances/food area is to be considered as an asset;
- Working with others, analysis and problem solving, drive for results, good level of autonomy;
- Proficiency in IT tools, standard office software and electronic management of documents and data.
Assignment: initial contract 1-2 months starting from January, with possibility of extensions. Initially working from home.
Please provide an English Europass template Cv