Would you like to take the opportunity to work for a European Agency? If you have a good proficiency in English and previous experience in chemistry and food safety this could be your chance to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
We are looking for a scientific assistant in the Food Contact Materials area.
- Provides upport to the unit in particular in the food contact material area with respect to the preparatory work for the development of scientific outputs in relation to applications and/or generic mandates (e.g plasticisers);
- Contribute to timely and effective planning to meet priorities and deadlines;
- Contribute administratively and scientifically to the preparation of opinions including collection and collation of information, data analysis, and document drafting;
- Support the organisation of meetings, including timely provision of background information and relevant documents;
- Coordinate specific tasks/actions, liaise with experts, draft communications and provide support to colleagues as needed;
- Contribute to compliance with legal and regulatory requirements;
- Liaise with other units to ensure that the workprogramme is performed as planned;
- Provide support in the implementation of specific procedures and methodologies in the respective area.
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least B2 level)
- Bachelor's degree in science or related areas;
- At least 6 months of relevant working experience in one of the following areas: chemistry, biology, food safety, toxicology, genotoxicology, chemical risk assessment;
- Knowledge of EU regulations and/or procedures applicable to the evaluation of Food Contact Materials is to be considered an asset;
- Working with others, analysis and problem solving, drive for results, good level of autonomy.
Assignment: initial contract 3 months starting from July, with possibility of extensions. Initially working from home.
Please provide an English Europass template Cv