Would you like to take the opportunity to work for a European Agency? If you have a good proficiency in English and previous experience in chemistry and risk assessment this could be your chance to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
We are looking for a scientific assistant in the Food Contact Materials area.
- Provide upport to the Food Ingredients and Packaging Unit in particular in the food contact material area with respect to the preparatory work for the development of scientific outputs in relation to applications and/or generic mandates (e.g plasticisers);
- Contribute to timely and effective planning to meet priorities and deadlines;
- Contribute administratively and scientifically to the preparation of opinions including collection and collation of information, data analysis, and document drafting;
- Support the organisation of meetings, including timely provision of background information and relevant documents;
- Coordinate specific tasks/actions, liaise with experts, draft communications and provide support to colleagues as needed;
- Contribute to compliance with legal and regulatory requirements;
- Liaise with other units to ensure that the workprogramme is performed as planned;
- Provide support in the implementation of specific procedures and methodologies in the respective area.
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least B2 level)
- Bachelor's and/or master's degree in science or related areas;
- Experience in drafting scientific/academic reports in formal English;
- At least 6 months of relevant working experience in one of the following areas: chemistry, food safety, toxicology, genotoxicology, chemical risk assessment;
- Knowledge of EU regulations and/or procedures applicable to the evaluation of Food Contact Materials is to be considered an asset;
- Working with others, analysis and problem solving, drive for results, good level of autonomy.
Assignment: initial contract until 31/12 starting from August, with possibility of extension. Initially working from home.
Salary: approx €1850 per month before taxes.
Work modalities: initially working from home, relocation to Parma, Italy required in the future.
Please provide an English Europass template Cv