Would you like to take the opportunity to work for a European Agency? If you have a good proficiency in English and previous experience in scientific risk assessment this could be your chance to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
We are looking for a Scientific Officer in the Food Additives and Flavourings area.
Contribute to data collection and collation aimed at preparing scientific materials;
Contribute to analyse and evaluate data for preparing working documents related to the scientific assessment;
Contribute to draft and review scientific outputs through the provision of evidence-based risk assessment;
Provide administrative and scientific support in the activities of the Food Additives and Flavourings panel and working groups (i.e. preparation of working documents, scientific opinions, etc.);
Contribute to the development of guidance and methodology documents;
Contribute to manage contract and procurements, including monitoring procedures;
Keep abreast of scientific and regulatory developments and contribute to provide information on legislative, policy and scientific aspects in the respective field;
Contribute to the coordination with European, national and international stakeholders within the scientific activities of the organization;
Contribute to communicate and present scientific outputs by conveying the right messages and by making scientific concepts understandable to the public;
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least B2 level)
- Master's degree or above in life sciences (i.e. Food Science, Veterinary Medicine, Chemistry, Biology, Data Science, Bioinformatics, Environmental, etc.);
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience in collecting and collating evidence, writing and reviewing scientific documents, analyzing and interpreting data with statistics;
- Knowledge of one of the following fields would be considered an asset: chemistry, food chemistry, food technology, genotoxicity, toxicology and/or toxicokinetics;
- Working with others, analysis and problem solving, drive for results, resilience and composure.
Assignment: initial contract until 31/12 starting from October 2021, with possibility of extensions. Expected duration of assignment 7 months.
Salary: between €1800 and €3000 per month before taxes depending on years of experience.
Work modalities: initially working from home (within 2 hours from Parma, Italy), relocation to Parma required in the future.
Please provide an English Europass template CV
La ricerca è rivolta ai candidati ambosessi (L.903/77). Ti preghiamo di leggere l'informativa sulla privacy ai sensi dell'art. 13 del Regolamento (UE) 2016/679 sulla protezione dei dati (GDPR).