Would you like to take the opportunity to work for a European Agency? If you have a good proficiency in English and previous experience in chemistry and risk assessment this could be your chance to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
We are looking for a scientific assistant in the Food Additives and Flavourings area.
Provide support to the Food Ingredients and Packaging Unit in areas related to chemistry and specifications, in particular with respect to the preparatory work leading to the development of scientific outputs falling under theh remit of the Food Additives and Flavourings Panel.
- Contribute to the work programme of the unit;
- Contribute to timely and effective planning to meet priorities and deadlines within the work programme of the Unit;
- Contribute administratively and scientifically to internal meetings and to coordinate specific tasks/actions within the work programme of the unit;
- Contribute to compliance with legal and regulatory requierements: contribute to the effective preparation of meetings, including timely provision of background information and other relevant documents;
- Contribute to coordinate areas of work requiring certain level of expertise and implement projects with the area of responsibility;
- Provide support in the implementation of specific procedures in the respective area;
- Provide support to internal and external collaboration initiatives, informing the management on key developments and emerging issues in the respective area.
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least B2 level)
- Bachelor's and/or master's degree in science or related areas;
- Experience in drafting scientific/academic reports in formal English;
- At least 6 months of relevant working experience in one of the following areas: chemistry, food chemistry and technology;
- Knowledge of EU regulations and/or procedures applicable to the evaluation of flavouring substances and food additives is to be considered an asset;
- Working with others, analysis and problem solving, drive for results, good level of autonomy.
Assignment: initial contract until 30/06 starting from May, with possibility of extensions. Expected duration of assignment 1 year.
Salary: approx €1850 per month before taxes.
Work modalities: initially working from home (Italy), relocation to Parma required in the future.