Would you like to take the opportunity to work for a European Agency? If you have a good proficiency in English and knowledge of EU law this could be your chance to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
We are looking for a Legal and Assurance Services Technical Assistant.
Support to Legal and Assurance Services (LA Unit) processes on: Legality and Regularity Promotion, Pre-Litigation and complaints, and on ethics and integrity matters.
- Contribute to the preparation of centralised legal advice on matters referred to in all areas of activities addressed by LA Unit to all departments;
- Draft internal rules and decisions;
- Support cases concerning complaints to the Authority and/or to the European Ombudsman;
- Support in all activities linked to Ethics and Fraud Prevention and Investigations procedure (e.g. assess requests for outside activities, engagement in occupational activities after leaving service, requests for assistance under Article 24 SR, administrative inquiries and disciplinary proceedings and other ethics related matters);
- Contribute to the design of the annual awareness info-session on ethics and prevention of fraud.
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least B2 level);
- At least 1 year of experience in legal departments within international organisations;
- Legal and analytical skills, drafting documents in English, research of case law;
- Knowledge of legislation linked to the EU Food Safety System, European Civil Law, Data Protection, IP rights;
- Behavioural competencies: high level of commitment, political savvy, intellectual horsepower and ability to work with others.
Assignment: initial contract until 30/06 starting from May, with possibility of extension. Expected duration of assignment until 31/12.
Salary: between €1850 and €2350 per month before taxes depending on years of experience.
Work modalities: initially working from home (Italy), relocation to Parma required in the future.
Please provide an English Europass template CV