Would you like to take the opportunity to work for a European Agency? If you have a good proficiency in English and previous experience in managing media relations this could be your chance to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
We are looking for a media relations communication officer.
- Supports activities around the communication work package;
- Responds to journalists queries in the assigned areas of responsibility within the provided deadline on a day to day basis;
- Constantly monitor the media and timely report back to the team and beyond, as needed, about relevant coverage (i.e. ‘monitoring’ alerts);
- Supports drafting lines-to-take and briefings, seeking support from the colleagues within the department and the scientific units;
- Provides back up service to the Media Relations officer for drafting the Daily Press Review;
- Provides insights on topics of his/her responsibility;
- Takes responsibility in managing media contacts database;
- Provides overall assistance to senior colleagues.
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least B2 level);
- Minimum 2 years of experience in managing media relations - traditional, digital and social media;
- Experience in collaborating and partnering with stakeholders, communicating information to different target audiences, managing communications;
- Familiarity with databases; media monitoring tools; evaluation of communication activties.
- Behavioural competencies: deal with ambiguity, demonstrate political savvy and strategic agility, focus on stakeholder needs, plan and measure for results, work with others.
Assignment: initial contract until 30/06 starting from March 2021, with possibility of extension. Expected duration of assignment 1 year.
Salary: between €1800 and €3000 per month before taxes depending on years of experience.
Work modalities: initially working from home (Italy), relocation to Parma required in the future.
Please provide an English Europass template CV