Would you like to take the opportunity to work for a European Agency? If you have a good proficiency in English and knowledge of scientific risk assessment this could be your chance to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
We are looking for a Coordination Scientific Officer for the Pesticides Peer Review unit.
- Scientific coordination of the peer review process;
- Write, edit, proofread documents such as reports, presentations, memos, etc.,
- representing complex issues in innovative and simple manner, ensuring the highest
- level of accuracy and supporting decision making;
- Support the maintenance and management of databases;
- Evaluate reports;
- Extract and prepare data for further analysis;
- Drafting clear, concise and structured scientific reports and publications using appropriate scientific terminology.
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least B2 level);
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience in analysing and interpreting data, managing and coordinating networks, managing projects, collecting and collating evidence; developing guidance for scientific assessment;
- Knowledge of at least one of the following areas of research: food safety, risk assessment methodologies, plant protection products, toxicology, ecotoxicology, environmental fate and behaviour;
- Proficient use of IT tools (MS office, databases, internet browsers); Excellent knowledge of Excel, Teams, Visio;
- Behavioural competencies: deal with ambiguity; act with ethics and integrity; focus on stakeholder needs; plan and measure for results; work with others.
Assignment: initial contract 3 months starting from February 2021, with possibility of extensions. Expected duration of assignment 1 year.
Salary: between €1800 and €3000 per month before taxes depending on years of experience.
Work modalities: initially working from home, relocation to Parma, Italy required in the future.
Please send your English Europass CV