Would you like to take the opportunity to work for a European Agency? If you have a good proficiency in English and knowledge of scientific risk assessment this could be your chance to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
We are looking for a Scientific Technical Assistant in the area of Pesticides Residues Risk Assessment.
- Preparation of risk assessment of pesticide residues in food and feed, in view of reviewing Maximum Residue Levels (MRLs);
- Preparation of working documents and drafting of reasoned opinions that transparently record all steps of the assessment process for reviewing MRLs;
- Collect and collate data and information for preparing scientific materials;
- Analyse and evaluate data for preparing working documents related to the scientific assessment;
- Provide administrative and scientific support in the activities of the respective panel and working groups (i.e. preparation of working documents, scientific opinions, etc.);
- Keep abreast of scientific and regulatory developments and contribute to provide information on legislative, policy and scientific aspects in the respective field;
- Contribute to the coordination with European, national and international stakeholders within the scientific activities of the organization.
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least B2 level)
- Master's degree or above in life sciences (i.e. Food Science, Veterinary Medicine, Chemistry, Environmental, etc.);
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience in collecting and collating evidence, writing and reviewing scientific documents, analyzing and interpreting data with statistics;
- Knowledge of risk assessment methodologies related to pesticides residues in food and feed would be considered an asset;
- Behavioural competencies: working with others, analysis and problem solving, drive for results, resilience and composure.
Assignment: initial contract until 30/06 starting from May, with possibility of extension. Expected duration of assignment until 31/12.
Salary: between €1850 and €2350 per month before taxes depending on years of experience.
Work modalities: initially working from home (Italy), relocation to Parma required in the future.
Please provide an English Europass template CV