Would you like to take the opportunity to work for a European Agency based in Parma, Italy? If you have a good proficiency in English and scientific competence of regulated products this could be your chance to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
We are looking for a Scientific Officer working on the applications for regulated products.
Support the Applications Helpdesk team in the scientific assessment of applications for regulated products (food and feed, food contact materials, pesticides, GMOs, food-related processes and processing aids) with the following tasks:
- provide support to applicants and other stakeholders;
- address the questions from stakeholders on the various tools and process;
- provide guidances for submitting an applications;
- pre-submission advice;
- notification of studies;
- completness check of the information received;
- contribute to the catalogue of services.
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least B2 level);
- Bachelor's degree or above in life science (i.e. Food Science and Technology, Chemistry, Biology, Veterinary Medicine, Bioinformatics, Environmental, etc.);
- At least 1 year of relevant working experience in writing scientific reports, opinions and guidances;
- Knowledge of one regulated products area: food and feed, food contact materials, pesticides, GMOs, food-related processes and processing aids;
- Full proficiency in IT tools, particularly in Excel and document management system.
- Working with others, analysis and problem solving, drive for results, customer focus.
Assignment: initial contract 3 months starting from February 2021, with possibility of extensions. Expected duration of assignment 2 years.
Salary: between €1800 and €3000 per month before taxes depending on years of experience.
Work modalities: initially working from home, relocation to Parma, Italy required in the future.
Please send your English Europass CV