Would you like to take the opportunity to work for a European Agency? If you have a good proficiency in English and previous experience in scientific research and data analysis this could be your chance to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
We are looking for a Scientific Assistant in the Feed and Contaminants unit.
Provide support to the Feed and Contaminants unit and specifically to the risk assessment process on feed additives in particular, but not restricted to, in dossiers for products consisting of or produced by microorganisms. The following activities will be performed:
- support to scientific officers by extracting data from dossiers, drafting sections of opinions and check consistency of data between the draft opinion and the dossier;
- check opinions for confidential data and follow up with applicants;
- support the publication process;
- understand and interpret scientific reports in the area of feed additives in order to compile evidence (data and information);
- search databases in order to collect evidence;
- draft clear, concise and structured scientific reports using appropriate scientific terminology;
- monitor project progress and results according to the workplan.
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least C1 level);
- Bachelor's and/or master's degree in life sciences (e.g. biology, microbiology);
- 1 year of relevant working experience in writing scientific documents and in extracting and analysing scientific data;
- Experience in performing scientific risk assessments of feed additives/feed materials for food-producing animals and/or pets would be considered an asset;
- Behavioural competencies: working with others, analysis and problem solving, drive for results, good level of autonomy;
Assignment: initial contract until 31/03/2022, with possibility of extensions. Expected duration of assignment 12 months.
Work modalities: office work is required on at least 2 days per week. Remote work is possible within 2 hours from Parma, Italy for the remaining days.
Please provide an English Europass template CV
La ricerca è rivolta ai candidati ambosessi (L.903/77). Ti preghiamo di leggere l'informativa sulla privacy ai sensi dell'art. 13 del Regolamento (UE) 2016/679 sulla protezione dei dati (GDPR).