Would you like to take the opportunity to work for a European Agency? If you have a good proficiency in English and previous experience in data management this could be your chance to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
We are looking for a Scientific Data Management and Analysis Officer.
- Perform/coordinate data collection, collation, validation and analysis activities, including verifying data quality, for scientific assessment;
- Define methods and implement or coordinate the implementation of tools for data collection (or integration) and data analysis for scientific assessment;
- Coordinate or provide the supporting activities for data providers and related networks;
- Support the development and maintenance of suitable technical environments, liaising with IT service providers, for hosting the data collection, management and analysis framework;
- Define, implement and maintain/supervise data management processes;
- Define and manage/supervise contracts and procurements, including monitoring procedures;
- Support scientific data governance and the vision of data management in the organisation;
- Support open data initiatives in the organisation;
- Support the development of a standardised framework for data collection, management and analysis (process and procedures).
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least C1 level);
- At least 2 years of experience in evidence and data collection, management and statistical analysis in any of the following areas: Chemistry, Biology/Environmental sciences, Nutrition, Food Technology, Engineering, Maths and Physics;
- Experience in the use of statistical software and code development in R, Python, KNIME or in SAS;
- Experience in writing scientific and/or technical documents (e.g. scientific publications, reports, project plans and reports, guidance documents);
- Behavioural competencies: Attention to details ; Work with others ; Focus on Stakeholder Needs ; Analysis and problem solving ; Act with Ethics and Integrity.
Assignment: first contract until 31/03, with possibility of extensions. Expected duration of assignment 10 months.
Salary: €3000 per month before taxes.
Work modalities: initially working from home within 2 hours from Parma, Italy. In the upcoming months office work will be required on at least 1 day per week.
Please provide an English Europass template CV
La ricerca è rivolta ai candidati ambosessi (L.903/77). Ti preghiamo di leggere l'informativa sulla privacy ai sensi dell'art. 13 del Regolamento (UE) 2016/679 sulla protezione dei dati (GDPR).