Would you like to take the opportunity to work for a European Agency? If you have a good proficiency in English and previous experience in scientific data analysis this could be your chance to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
We are looking for a Scientific Research Officer in the Food Ingredients and Packaging Unit.
Provide support to the Food Ingredients and Packaging unit and in particular to the food enzyme sector, by contributing to:
- extract technical information on food enzymes from the dossiers and web and open sources;
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- analyse and evaluate data for preparing working documents;
- collect and collate data aimed at preparing scientific materials;
- provide editorial support, including aligning of draft opinions with standard formats;
- plan and monitor deadlines;
- keep abreast of scientific and regulatory developments and provide information on legislative, policy and scientific aspects in the respective field;
- coordinate with European, national and international stakeholders within the scientific activities of the organization;
- communicate and present scientific outputs by conveying the right messages and by making scientific concepts understandable to the public;
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least C1 level);
- Master's degree in life sciences (ie. Biology, Food Science, Microbiology, Bioinformatics, etc.);
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience in collecting and collating evidence, writing and reviewing scientific documents, analyzing and interpreting data with statistics;
- Knowledge of industrial microbiology would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams);
- Behavioural competencies: working with others, analysis and problem solving, drive for results, good level of autonomy;
Assignment: initial contract until 31/12, with possibility of extensions. Expected duration of assignment 6 months.
Salary: approx €3180 per month before taxes.
Work modalities: office work is required on at least 2 days per week. Remote work is possible within 2 hours from Parma, Italy for the remaining days.
Please provide an English Europass template Cv
La ricerca è rivolta ai candidati ambosessi (L.903/77). Ti preghiamo di leggere l'informativa sulla privacy ai sensi dell'art. 13 del Regolamento (UE) 2016/679 sulla protezione dei dati (GDPR).