Would you like to take the opportunity to work for a European Agency? If you have a good proficiency in English and experience in epidemiology, antimicrobial resistance and food-borne pathogens this could be your chance to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
We are looking for a scientifc assistant for the Biological Hazards and Contaminants unit.
- Provide scientific and administrative support to the activities of the respective panel and working groups (i.e. preparation of working documents, scientific opinions, etc.);
- Support the team for the validation and analysis of data on antimicrobial resistance and the publication of the European Union Summary Report on Antimicrobial Resistance;
- To contribute to the preparation of technical specifications for the monitoring of antimicrobial resistance following the request for assistance from the European Commission and to the interagency report on the analysis of antimicrobial consumption and resistance;
- Contribute to data collection and collation aimed at preparing scientific materials;
- Contribute to analyse and evaluate data for preparing working documents related to the scientific assessment;
- Contribute to draft and review scientific outputs through the provision of evidence-based risk assessment;
- Contribute to manage contracts and procurements, including monitoring procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least B2 level)
- Between 2 and 4 years of relevant working experience;
- Experience in generating, collecting and collating evidence, as well as in writing and reviewing scientific documents;
- Knowledge of antimicrobial resistance, epidemiology, food-borne pathogens, zoonoses surveillance, food hygiene, molecular typing, risk assessment methodology, food-borne outbreak investigation;
- Working with others, analysis and problem solving.
Assignment: first contract until 31/12 starting from October, with possibility of extensions. Initially working from home.
Please provide an English Europass template Cv?