Would you like to take the opportunity to work for a European Agency based in Parma, Italy? If you have a good proficiency in English and knowledge of ecology and environmental risk assessment this could be your chance to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
We are looking for an Environmental Risk Assessment Scientific Research Officer.
Support scientific project development and management on data generation/collection to gather evidence for environmental risk assessment in wild bees and non target arthropods. Tasks include:
- Data collection and collation aimed at preparing scientific materials;
- Analyse and evaluate data for preparing working documents related to the scientific assessment;
- Draft and review scientific outputs through the provision of evidence-based risk assessment;
- Take notes during meetings/working groups and write scientific reports; summarise complex scientific information;
- Manage projects and coordinate with European, national and international stakeholders within the scientific activities of the organization.
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least B2 level);
- Knowledge of at least one of the following fields: Entomology (wild bees, NTA), Ecology, Ecotoxicology, Ecological risk assessment;
- At least 2 years of experience in collecting and collating evidence, writing and reviewing scientific documents, data management and statistics;
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) as well as in one of the following: SAS, R, R Studio;
- Behavioural competencies: work with others, act with ethics and integrity.
Assignment: initial contract 3 months starting from February 2021, with possibility of extensions. Expected duration of assignment 1 year.
Salary: between €1800 and €3000 per month before taxes depending on years of experience.
Work modalities: initially working from home, relocation to Parma, Italy required in the future.
Please send your English Europass CV