Would you like to take the opportunity to work for a European Agency? If you have a good proficiency in English and previous experience in scientific research this could be your chance to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
We are looking for a Scientific Assistant in the area of Food Enzyme Microbial Characterisation.
- Provide support to the Food Ingredients and Packaging unit and in particular to the food enzyme sector on microbial characterisation;
- Contribute to extract technical information from the dossiers and web and open sources;
- Contribute to compliance with legal and regulatory requirements;
- Contribute to analyse and evaluate data for preparing working documents;
- Contribute to implement projects with the area of responsibility;
- Provide editorial support, including aligning of draft opinions with standard formats;
- Contribute to drafting of preparatory background information;
- Plan and monitor deadlines;
- Provide support to internal and external collaboration initiatives.
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least B2 level);
- Master's degree in one or the combination of the following fields: molecular biology, bacteriology mycology or biotechnology;
- At least 6 months of relevant working experience in one of the following areas: expression cassette design, PCR, prokayotic expression system, eukayotic expression system, fermentation;
- Working experience on food enzyme topics or peer-reviewed publication will be considered as asset;
- Knowledge of EU regulations and/or procedures applicable to regulated products;
- Good IT skills in Window 10 and softwares for word processing, graphic rendering and online meeting organisation;
- Behavioural competencies: working with others, analysis and problem solving, drive for results, good level of autonomy.
Assignment: initial contract until 30/06 starting from May, with possibility of extensions. Expected duration of assignment 1 year.
Salary: approx €1800 per month before taxes.
Work modalities: initially working from home (Italy), relocation to Parma required in the future.
Please provide an English Europass template Cv