Would you like to take the opportunity to work for a European Agency? If you have a good proficiency in English and knowledge of scientific risk assessment this could be your chance to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
We are looking for a Scientific Junior Officer in the area of Pesticides Residues Risk Assessment.
- Preparation of risk assessment of pesticide residues in food and feed, in view of reviewing Maximum Residue Levels (MRLs);
- Preparation of working documents and drafting of reasoned opinions that transparently record all steps of the assessment process for reviewing MRLs;
- Collect and collate data and information for preparing scientific materials;
- Analyse and evaluate data for preparing working documents related to the scientific assessment;
- Draft clear, concise, and structured opinions using appropriate scientific terminology;
- Provide administrative and scientific support in the activities of the respective panel and working groups (i.e. preparation of working documents, scientific opinions, etc.);
- Contribute to the coordination with European, national and international stakeholders within the scientific activities of the organization.
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least B2 level);
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience in collecting and collating evidence, writing and reviewing scientific documents, analyzing and interpreting data with statistics;
- Knowledge on Regulation for Plant Protection Products Residues and Risk assessment methodologies;
- Behavioural competencies: working with others, analysis and problem solving, drive for results, resilience and composure.
Assignment: initial contract until 31/12, with possibility of extension. Expected duration of assignment 2 years.
Salary: approx. €3000 per month before taxes.
Work modalities: initially working from home (within 2 hours from Parma, Italy), office work is possible on a voluntary basis (up to 50% of the working time).
Please provide an English Europass template CV
La ricerca è rivolta ai candidati ambosessi (L.903/77). Ti preghiamo di leggere l'informativa sulla privacy ai sensi dell'art. 13 del Regolamento (UE) 2016/679 sulla protezione dei dati (GDPR).