Would you like to take the opportunity to work for a European Agency? If you have a good proficiency in English and knowledge of plant health risk assessment this could be your chance to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
We are looking for a Scientific Research Officer for the Plant Health unit.
Data collection, literature search and preparatory work for plant health risk assessment, including:
- drafting, editing and publishing scientific outputs;
- run queries and perform searches in databases;
- prepare summary data tables;
- support to Working Group and panel, including documents management and drafting and publishinhg minutes, according to the relevant procedures;
- coordinate with European, national and international stakeholders with regard to the assigned tasks.
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least B2 level);
- Knowledge of plant health including at least one of the following fields: plant pathology, plant disease epidemiology, plant bacteriology, plant nematology, entomology, acarology, crop protection, biological control, integrated pest management;
- At least 2 years of working experience in collecting and collating evidence, writing and reviewing scientific documents, analyzing and interpreting data with statistics;
- Familiarity with EU plant health law would be considered an asset;
- Good knowledge of IT tools, including MS ppt, Excel, Word;
- Behavioural competencies: self-starter, willing to learn and contribute, engaged, able to work independently and drive tasks to completion; team player; excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Assignment: initial contract 3 months starting from February 2021, with possibility of extensions. Expected duration of assignment 2 years.
Salary: between €1800 and €3000 per month before taxes depending on years of experience.
Work modalities: initially working from home, relocation to Parma, Italy required in the future.
Please send your English Europass CV