Would you like to take the opportunity to work for a European Agency based in Parma, Italy? If you have a good proficiency in English and previous experience in writing scientific documents this could be your chance to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
We are looking for a Veterinary Epidemiology Scientific Research Officer.
- Contribute to animal health data collection and collation aimed at preparing scientific materials;
- Contribute to analyse and evaluate data for preparing working documents related to the scientific assessment;
- Contribute to draft and review scientific outputs through the provision of evidence-based risk assessment;
- Provide administrative and scientific support in the activities of the respective panel and working groups (i.e. preparation of working documents, scientific opinions, etc.);
- Contribute to the development of guidance and methodology documents;
- Contribute to manage contract and procurements, including monitoring procedures;
- Keep abreast of scientific and regulatory developments and contribute to provide information on legislative, policy and scientific aspects in the respective field;
- Contribute to the coordination with European, national and international stakeholders within the scientific activities of the organization;
- Contribute to communicate and present scientific outputs by conveying the right messages and by making scientific concepts understandable to the public;
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least B2 level)
- Master's degree or above in life sciences. PhD in a Veterinary Medicine and/or data science and/or bioinformatics would be considered an asset.
- At least 2 years of working experience in collecting and collating evidence, writing and reviewing scientific documents, analyzing and interpreting data with statistics;
- Kowledge of animal health, in one of the following fields: monitoring and surveillance of animal diseases, data collection systems and surveillance systems;
- Knowledge of statistical analysis: programming languages (R, Python or others), data management software and data science (analysis of EU data on Traces, ADNS, OIE, Empress, etc), IT environment (O365, Teams, SharePoint);
- Self-starter, willing to learn and contribute, engaged, able to work independently and drive tasks to completion; Team player; Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Assignment: initial contract 3 months starting from February 2021, with possibility of extensions. Expected duration of assignment 2 years.
Salary: between €1800 and €3000 per month before taxes depending on years of experience.
Work modalities: initially working from home, relocation to Parma, Italy required in the future.
Please send your English Europass CV